Cider & Perry Production – AdvancedDesigned for those who have previously attended introductory cider making programs, experienced producers, and individuals from established and growing cider businesses, this advanced class builds on Cider & Perry Production – Principles & Practice and aims to provide an in-depth understanding of cider microbiology & chemistry and key aspects of technology, a detailed insight into the techniques and application of sensory evaluation, and a thorough appreciation of a range of techniques involved in product development, marketing and the operation of a successful cider production business. The class is made up of six seminars:
- Cider Microbiology and Hygiene Control
- Science, Processes & Technology of Cider Production
- Laboratory Quality Control
- Practical Production Development
- Commercial Production
- Expert-led Sensory Analysis
- New product development blending trials & laboratory analysis
Fee: $999 (includes the Orchard Management: Cider Fruit Production workshop).
Date/ Time: May 12-16 (five-day course). 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM daily.