Do you want to gain a broad understanding of cider & perry and acquire the mail skills & knowledge necessary to make quality products? Then this is THE class to attend!
Introduction & Class Goals
Peter Mitchell (Cider & Perry Academy, UK), one of the world’s leading authorities in cider production, NABC aims to provide:
• A broad appreciation of the main styles of cider & perry, along with an understanding of the Cider Industry - including its historical development, its current position in the alcoholic drinks market and its future development
• Knowledge & understanding of the main principles & processes of cider and perry production
• Training in the practical skills necessary for the production of quality cider & perry
Additional class instruction by Marcus Robert, GM Tieton CiderWorks will cover cidery business analysis, sales & marketing, as well as tax law
The five day class involves hands-on practical lab work, lectures & workshops & cider tasting:
• A detailed step-by-step guide to cider & perry production
• An essential grounding in the chemistry & microbiology of cider & perry
• Practical training in the key skills of cider production and in the main methods of laboratory analysis
• Sensory analysis of cider & perry
• Cidery business analysis, financials, sales & marketing, tax
Registration fee includes detailed reference manual & workshop notes, documented instructions for laboratory analysis, lunch and beverages. Full payment due at time of registration. Sorry, we are unable to hold spots for payment at a later date. Class strictly limited to 26 attendees.
Contact Information: Karen Mauden, NABC Karen@agbizcenter.org 425-466-8722
In collaboration with:
This program is funded in part by the Washington State Department of Commerce.
NABC is an equal opportunity employer and service provider.