Boise State University is conducting a week long workshop on the "Business of Craft Cider."
The Business of Craft Cider program at Boise State University introduces students to the rapidly growing craft cider business. This is a highly interactive course taught by experienced cider makers and other experts actively involved in the business of craft cider. Students will experience a working orchard and cidery, recipe and fermentation processes, strategic planning, and the sourcing needs required to start-up and run a successful cidery.
At the conclusion of this course, you will:
- Recognize current trends and opportunities in the cider market and related supply chain
- Know the basics of recipe development and product sourcing
- Know the basics of the fermentation process
- Know the planning process required to open a cidery
- Know the permitting and licensing process required to open a cidery
- Be familiar with how to equip an emerging cidery using local and other sources
- Be acquainted with the marketing and distribution needs for a successful start-up cidery
The course fee is $1200