Tutored by Peter Mitchell, this 'master class’ for the Cider Institute of North America (CINA), builds on the ”Foundation” program and aims to cover, in depth, the following key aspects of cider & perry production:
• Meeting consumer requirements.
• Management of cider & perry production as biotechnology – its microbiology & biochemistry.
• Selection, application & management of production processes & technologies.
• The flavor of cider & perry and sensory evaluation of the products concerned.
• Quality Assurance and Quality Control of cider & perry production.
• Production & Planning Control
• Biotechnology of Cider Production
• Fermentation & Maturation
• Production Processes & Technologies
• Sensory Analysis for Cider & Perry Production
• Alternative Techniques & Adding Value
• Practical Work: A practical project is include in the class, involving production planning, product development & blending, laboratory analysis, cost analysis and the application of sensory evaluation techniques
Participants will receive
• Expert tuition, training, practical methods and a wide ranging advice & guidance
• A detailed reference manual & workshop notes
• Documented instructions for laboratory analysis
• A comprehensive electronic Technical Manual, which includes proforma documents and spreadsheets for use in cider & perry production.
Prerequisites for attendance
• Basic knowledge & understanding about cider & methods of its production
• An understanding of the principles of microbiology, chemistry & biochemistry
• Previous training in and/or experience of basic laboratory techniques (e.g. titrations)
If you have not already attended an introductory cider production class such as the CINA Foundation program or Cider & Perry Production - Principles & Practice, then a letter of recommendation from an established cider maker or other suitable person should be included in support of your registration.
Cancellation by November 5: $215.00.
Cancellation Nov 6 or thereafter - if we cannot find someone to fill the vacant position in the class, then the fee is nonrefundable in full. If a replacement registrant can be found, the cancellation fee will remain $215.00.