Together with 90+ cideries, the Northwest Cider Association creates a larger, stronger, regional cider industry. Collectively, we raise awareness of the category itself to increase consumer demand and grow sales.
How does NWCA support cidermakers?
Operational workshops from packaging and design, to production, to business management.
Marketing tools and NWCA logo use
Policy advocacy on behalf of your brand.
Access to industry leaders and like-minded people.
Hands on, continuing educational opportunities. Field trips, workshops, and more
Where does my money go?
Imagine our cohesive, active industry of thriving cidermakers collectively lifting Pacific Northwest cider out of a niche market and into the mainstream.
Membership supports one full-time staff member and a volunteer board to fulfill member benefits and promote Pacific Northwest cider in our region
The list of initiatives continues to grow:
- Specific public events and state-wide cider weeks to promote cider
- Marketing and media opportunities to showcase cider and NW Producers
- Lobbying efforts to change legislation
- Specific projects such as the Toolkit and State of the Industry Survey
- Grants to support research and educational efforts for the public as well as cidermakers themselves
- Member meetings and our google group to disseminate information and provide platforms for valuable peer to peer coaching and cooperation
Your participation makes our industry stronger, and provides you with the tools and resources to grow your business.
Be part of the industry leadership, and ensure a sustainable future for Pacific Northwest cider.
“As one of the founding members of the NWCA, Finnriver Cidery remains committed to supporting the organization with both membership dues as well as by participating on multiple levels including membership on the Board of Directors. We feel strongly that the Association continues to work effectively to promote cider in the NW and to promote NW Cider more broadly, for the benefit of all of its members. While obviously still in its formative stages, the NWCA is far ahead of any other regional cider association in the country in terms of organization, cohesiveness, and implementation of projects to benefit members in the industry.
As the industry continues to grow, the NWCA is poised to be in position to grow along with it and will continue to help promote quality internally among its members, putting substance behind the promotion of excellence to the public. The continued growth of the NWCA will help ensure that the NW Region solidifies its growing reputation as a hub of cider consumption and more importantly as the epicenter of high-quality cider-production, collaboration, and cooperation amongst and between cider producers. Join us today!”
~Eric Jorgensen, Finnriver Cidery co-founder
Cidermaker Membership Levels:
(Prices in US dollars)
CIP (Cidery-in-Planning) ($200)
Nano Cidery: 0 to 10,000 gallons ($400)
Micro Cidery: 10,001 to 20,000 gallons ($750)
Small Cidery: 20,001 to 50,000 gallons ($1,000)
Large Cidery: 50,001 to 100,000 gallons ($1,500)
Extra Large Cidery: 100,001 to 250,000 gallons ($2,000)
Volume Cidery: 250,001+ gallons ($2,500)
Non-regional Cidery: for cidermakers outside of BC, ID, MT, OR, and WA ($150)
One vote to influence the direction of the PNW cider industry
Member only promotion on printed materials, social media, and NWCA events
Use of NWCA logo for your website and printed materials
NWCA listserve and social media access
Listed on NWCA website
- Access to industry leaders
Are you a cider fan or cider-enthusiastic business? Please join us.
(prices in US dollars)
- VIP status, event discounts, newsletter subscription, NWCA forum and social media access, member decal, permission to display NWCA logo on member website and printed materials, and listing on NWCA website
Allied Suppliers ($250)
- VIP status, newsletter subscription, NWCA forum access, member decal, permission to display NWCA logo on member website, priority for event participation (sponsorship, advertising, and space), and listing on NWCA website
Cider Enthusiast (Consumers) ($50)
- VIP status, event discounts, newsletter subscription, and member decal