Here’s an idea: Walk around Northeast Portland’s awesome little Woodlawn neighborhood at the Dekum Triangle, trying over 20 ciders at six different venues including:
- Oregon Public House, the nation’s first non-profit pub
- Good Neighbor Pizza, serving excellent pies with outdoor seating
- Breakside Brewery’s original Dekum Pub, which will be tapping a one-of-a-kind Triple Hopped Revival cask made by me
- Bushwhacker Cider Woodlawn, the new location of the country’s first cider bar
- Ps & Qs Market, proudly converting both of their taps to cider for the night
- Hi-Wheel Wines, right down the road from the Triangle
Stop in to any of the above establishments to pick up a menu & guide of all participating locations as well as details on the Firehouse Cidergarden special event (below). No advance purchase required, just enjoy your stroll around the neighborhood hunting for your favorite ciders and discovering new offerings. Food is available for purchase at any of the participating venues.
In my opinion, the absolute best way to enjoy the Dekum Triangle Cider Stroll (see above) is by making sure you stop by the beautiful patio of Firehouse restaurant. We are taking over the entire place and will have a mini cider festival, one night only. I’ll be pouring cider alongside three of Oregon’s newest cidermakers that you may not have heard of, and we will all be on hand to talk and taste you through our offerings. Firehouse will be offering a limited menu for patio service. No advance purchase required, just show up and buy tasting tokens for $2 each at this family-friendly event. Look for the huge banner to know you’re in the right place.