Northwest Cider Events
Do you have a cider event you would like added to our Cider Event Calendar? Let us know today.
Cider & Perry Production – A Foundation
This five-day course provides students with expert knowledge of cider and perry principles and practices. The curriculum is taught by WSU fermentation specialist, Bri Ewing, and includes information regarding cider culture, production, science, and business. Students of this course will participate in hands-on sensory demonstrations, laboratory exercises, and blending trials. The course is located at WSU Mount Vernon NWREC.
The course involves hands-on practical lab work, lectures, workshops, and cider tastings that include:
– A detailed step-by-step guide to cider and perry production
– An understanding of the chemistry and microbiology behind cider and perry
– Practical training in the key skills of cider production and methods of laboratory analysis
– Introduction to sensory analysis of cider and perry
– Experienced guest lecturers
– CINA Certification Exam – Required for advanced modules coming in 2019
To sign up go to https://cideroctober19.brownpapertickets.com/