The Northwest Cider Association is looking for a positive, hard-working membership coordinator to be the first point of contact between members and our association. The coordinator is responsible for working closely with members, both existing and potential, in order to meet their needs and provide excellent customer service.
The Northwest Cider Association envisions the Pacific Northwest at the heart of the craft cider movement with a vibrant, collaborative industry where anyone can share in the success and joy of cider. Our mission is to nurture the community, economy, and ecosystem of a thriving cider culture for our members and consumers by supporting businesses, inspiring quality, and telling the story of Pacific Northwest cider.
About the Position:
This is a part-time, remote position that reports directly to the Executive Director. Compensation range between $20-$25/h depending on experience. Competitive salary and generous benefits including PTO, paid sick leave, casual dress and remote work.
Primary Duties of the Membership Coordinator:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for members, prospective members, and partners.
- Develop and manage online and offline content for members, including video content.
- Manage membership coordination via NWCA website and Wild Apricot software applications.
- Ensure members are informed about events, member-centered activities, and special initiatives by preparing and issuing regular emails and written communications.
- Ensure excellent customer relations by helping members make the most of their association benefits.
- Assist with event management, including registration, booking venues, etc.
- Provide team support at in-person events, approximately 3x year.
- Administrative duties to support Executive Director and team members.
Skills and qualifications:
- Good written and oral communications
- Strong technology skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, WordPress, database management (preferably with Wild Apricot or similar CRM)
- Personable, friendly, and outgoing personality who enjoys interacting with people
- Remote position, no office. Flexible hours within 9-5 parameter
- Strong internet connection
- Interest for the Northwest (fermented) cider industry
- Preference for someone in Portland, OR or PNW
- Job hours may flex during event cycles. Guaranteed 20h weekly.
- Accepting applications from now until February 11th on a rolling basis. Ideal start date is early April.
To APPLY: Please email resume and cover letter to NWCA’s Director: firstname.lastname@example.org. Write in the subject line of the email: Membership Coordinator Application
CORE ORGANIZATIONAL VALUES (Guiding principles that define how we treat each other, our members and the public in our daily interactions)
COLLABORATION: We believe in the power of teamwork founded on trust, and value the transformative impact of collaboration.
INCLUSIVITY: We listen with empathy and respect for one another, affirm the dignity and worth of each member of our community, and treat people with kindness.
ROOTED: We act with integrity and authenticity, commit to an ethos of openness, and achieve tangible results founded on the highest ethical standards.
EXEMPLARY: We engage with enthusiasm, dedication and pride, thinking big and creatively to help advance our industry in new and inspiring ways.
PASSION: We do our best work when we do it with a strong sense of purpose and a passion for each other and for cider.
FUN: Through our collegial culture, we celebrate each other’s victories and have each other’s backs—which helps us build a stronger team, a thriving industry, and a better future for all.